Thursday, October 4, 2007

HOW TO LAND A JOB IN HOLLYWOOD WITHOUT AN AGENT (Pt 2)

One of the best parts about my job is hearing success stories from aspiring actors, singers, dancers and models whose hard work is paying off in the industry. Hardly a day goes by that I don’t hear or read about someone who’s finally getting a chance to go out on an audition, or someone who’s booked really huge role.

If you read yesterday’s blog, then you read all about Melina Rochelle and her new role in City Kid, the musical. Melina Rochelle is a singer and an actress and although she doesn’t have an agent, she’s been working hard and landing great opportunities in Hollywood. Yesterday she offered some really great tips that have helped her succeed in the industry. Here are a few more tips she had to share:

“Always be prepared. If you’re a singer or an actor, always have a song or monologue that you can perform upon request. If you’re a dancer, have something prepared that showcases what you do best. If you’re a model, always have photos or composite cards on hand at all times.”

“Don't wait around for someone to discover your talents. Showcase yourself. Whether it’s through your own production or talent showcase, get yourself out there. My sisters and I started our own production company and produced a musical that was reviewed in the LA Weekly and nominated for several awards.”

“And last but not least, be sure to use the internet to your advantage. You can find really great information and opportunities on the web to help you further your career.”

Those are really great tips and I hope you find them to be useful. I also hope you’ll visit our site for auditions and casting notices and keep me posted on your achievements in the industry. Just this past week over 7.000 members on our site were contacted by casting directors and other industry professionals. You can get the same results!

I hope you’ll read my blog tomorrow when I share information about turning a new role into representation! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea. I never thought about doing my own showcase. I'm going to try that.