Wednesday, October 3, 2007

HOW TO LAND A JOB IN HOLLYWOOD WITHOUT AN AGENT (PT 1)

Thousands of members on our site have booked exciting jobs in Hollywood without an agent. Often aspiring actors, models, singers and dancers think they don’t have a shot at making their dreams come true because they don’t have an agent. But this couldn’t be further from the truth. There are tons of opportunities available to you, even if you don’t have representation. Don’t let lack of an agent or manager stand in your way.

Melina Rochelle, a singer and actress living in Los Angeles, knows all about the challenges of looking for work without an agent. “I was worried that because I didn’t have an agent, I wouldn’t be able to audition for roles that I really wanted. Initially I was discouraged but I didn’t let it stop me.” Instead, she began doing her own research and was able to find lots of opportunities. And in no time she was landing great jobs.

This fall she will appear in the musical City Kid at the Hudson Theatre in Los Angeles in the role of Niki. “I’m so excited! It’s a great role and I get to showcase my singing and my acting in a really great show.” When asked how she’s managed to get such great opportunities without an agent or manager, Melina Rochelle offered this advice:

- “Just because you don’t have an agent doesn’t mean you can’t submit yourself. Do your research. There are lots of resources that list opportunities that you can submit yourself for without the assistance of representation.”

- “Make and keep in touch with contacts in the business. It’s a lot about who you know. There are lots of ways to meet people, for example taking classes to meet other actors, singers, dancers or models.”

Follow these tips from Melina Rochelle to help you get your career off the ground today! Need information on auditions, acting classes or other opportunities? Check out our site to access valuable resources you’ll need to help get your career off the ground.

And don’t forget to check out my blog tomorrow for more tips from Melina Rochelle on how to land a job in Hollywood without an agent!

No comments: